Sunday, December 12, 2010

post final thoughts

this last finals week has been the laziest finals week ever--the most unmotivated i've ever been. i guess the two big reasons are that 1. i only have two real finals, as opposed to the usual four (one's being taken pass/no pass, which i only need a 42% in) and 2. i was doing rather well going in to the final. now i'm a little worried cause i know i didn't try my best. all of my raw scores are out now; but that isn't enough to know exactly what the final grade is. i just hope it's enough to put me above everyone else.

i'm starting to read the nytimes a lot now, especially kristof's articles. i think that the more i read his stuff, the more i'm inspired to do great things. i really admire his work, and sometimes even wish i could be a traveling reporter just like him, but there's still a long path ahead for me to take just to be able to communicate effectively in both speech and writing. which is why i think i'm going to start something new next year: either a photo or a video blog. the idea is this: journaling/blogging every day will help you to plan your future, preserve your thoughts, and improve speech--but every blog i've started has died miserably before it was supposed to end. so a photo/video blog just might be a bit more consistent and help me improve direct contact speech. or something like that.

well, a video log might be a bit ambitious, but it just might help me open up a little bit. plus it might be entertaining to see what other people say about me. my idea for photos, however, is just to take a photo every week and post it online somewhere, just so that i'll stay consistent and look for the beautiful things in life. i do want to make my camera investment worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment