Tuesday, August 26, 2014

change

It's been so long since I've been here that I had almost forgotten that this blog still even exists. As I reminisce about the college life I've left behind, I've also realized that I've forgotten how to express myself through writing. The only reason I've returned is, as usual, because I've been feeling rather distressed this entire past weekend. I have been experiencing "feelings" that have left me somewhat confused and sad. Originally, I had wanted to write about it in an effort to understand and sort it out, but now I can feel my mood lighten already. I'm thinking about starting up a personal journal to jumpstart my writing once again.

So what's changed?

Just one year ago, I started on my study abroad program at HKU.
Last December, I officially graduated from college and embarked on a two month long journey through Southeast Asia. Then, the following four months I was depressed and unemployed.
Suddenly last June, by God's grace I landed a 12-week contract as a QA Engineer in the Bay Area. And now, I am a full-time employee at this software company.

Time flies fast. There is so much to be thankful for. I have an income, I have friends, and I have my own place to stay. I haven't had such an optimistic outlook in life in a long time.

I hope it continues this way for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment